IMPD Human Resources Office
200 E. Washington Street, Suite T1541
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Office: (317) 327-5211 ~ Job Line: (317) 327-3368
The IMPD is currently accepting applications starting April 17, 2017 through August 6, 2017. If you do not have access to a computer you may complete an online application at the City/County Building, Room T1541, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m, Monday through Friday, excluding City holidays. Please note that all dates are tentative and subject to change.
Please continue to monitor your email account (please check your spam) and the media for more information about written testing openings. You are invited to attend all Pre-Academy Readiness Program events (PAR) offered by the IMPD Training Academy Staff. For more information about the PAR please click on the PAR tab.
IMPD 2017 Written Exam Dates
August 18, 2017 *tentative
August 19, 2017 *tentative
August 20, 2017 *tentative
For the latest hiring information please follow us on twitter at @IMPD_News and our Facebook account IMPD_News
Class Title: Patrol Officer
Bargaining Unit: CBA – Public Saftey Police
Class Code: PROF
Salary: $18.96 Hourly
Patrols assigned area in vehicle and on foot; maintains high patrol visibility to assist in crime prevention; actively performs routine beat patrol, concentrating on high incident areas, to detect possible criminal activities or needs for service; regularly checks businesses and residential areas; monitors radio broadcasts by Communications and other officers to ensure awareness of activities in area and to provide assistance, if needed; identifies, reports, and responds to suspicious activities or needs for service.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be a resident citizen of the United States
- Must be 21 years old and not have reached their 36th birthday by date of appointment
- Cannot have a felony conviction
- Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence under [18 USC §922 (g)]
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from their state of residence
- Must be a resident of Marion County, Indiana or one of the seven adjoining counties at the time of appointment to the Department
- Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military
- Must pass a mandatory drug screening test
Permanent shift with rotating days off; some flexibility in working hours may be required; field conditions; exposure to extreme weather conditions, armed and/or dangerous persons, arrest of felons, individuals with contagious diseases, and hazards associated with emergency driving and traffic control.